Reverence for Life is:
RELATING TO ALL HUMANS EQUALLY AS INDIVIDUALS
Regardless of colour of skin or hair, of country of origin or continent, of gender or sexual orientation, of religious belief or none, whether rich or poor, meritorious or simple. Regard them all with equal respect as individuals.
- Make the acquaintance of Winnie the Poo, the lovable bear of very little brain who loves honey and has friends amongst many different species, even humans.
- Be open to peoples’ stories even when they are very different from yours.
- Wherever possible, refrain from making judgements about people and relationships, aware that you may never know the full story.
- Be kind, helpful and courteous in all situations.
- Remember to give people the benefit of the doubt, and trust them to be innocent until proven guilty.
But also remember and reflect on the incidents in human history as well as modern times, of subjugation of peoples by conquering nations, the treatment of indigenous peoples by invading populations, and the commercial exploitation of both people and resources of parts of this globe by the inhabitants of other parts.